Saturday 26 March 2022

Dream Numbers

This post is a little different from my usual content that is often prompted by an analysis of the number associated with my diurnal age. This post is prompted by a dream that I had involving a shipping container that, unlike most such containers, was gun metal in colour. It seemed totally sealed but I found a tiny opening and lit a match (or used the torch on my phone) to peer within. I saw a woman peering back at me.

She invited me in and the front face of the container disappeared so that access was now possible. She said that there were 37 people inside. Two of those were adolescent boys, one noticeably shorter than the other. It seemed that one of them was 17 but I wasn't sure which one. I pointed to the taller boy and then, quite audibly in my dream, said "seventeen?". The woman, and the mother of the two boys, smiled and clarified the situation. She said that they were twins (clearly not identical) and had been born on a Saturday. They were both 17.

After some thinking about these numbers, I realised that both 17 and 37 are 4\(k\)+1 primes and thus form the hypotenuse of right angled triangles with associated integer sides, connected by Pythagoras' Theorem:$$ \begin{align} 17^2&=8^2+15^2\\37^2&=12^2+35^2 \end{align}$$Thus we end up with a set of six numbers:$$8, 12, 15, 17, 35, 37$$Being 4\( k\)+1 primes of course, we can also write:$$ \begin{align} 17&=1^2+4^2\\37&=1^2+6^2 \end{align}$$This generates a set of five numbers:$$1, 4, 6, 17, 37$$I tend to go with the set of six numbers as they are easily associated with the Saturday night draw in the Australian lottery system. 

Being in Indonesia, I can't participate in this lottery, not even using a VPN, so I passed these numbers on to my daughter-in-law who lives in Melbourne. I suggested that she try them out. Whether she does or doesn't, I'll report back on what numbers came up in the Saturday night draw at the end of this post. I won't make the post public until after Saturday night in case anyone tries to "cash in" on my dream numbers!

LATE SATURDAY NIGHT

Well my daughter-in-law did submit the six numbers and, not surprisingly, my dream numbers did not prove precognitive. In fact I only succeeded in selecting one of the winning numbers and therefore not even a minor prize was won. See Figure 1. Nor did my other possible numbers (1, 4 and 6) make an appearance. Of course, the numbers could have been meant for Saturday April 2nd, the day before my birthday and a day that marks the 73rd solar return (when the Sun returns to the exact position that it occupied at the time of my birth).

Figure 1

Here are links to my two previous posts on the mathematics of Lotto:
Of course the numbers 17 and 37 that I dreamed of may have had nothing to do with Lotto. In fact, Figure 2 gives an insight into a completely different interpretation of the numbers.


Figure 2

A shipping container is characterised by its square cross-section and so the 17 could refer to the side of this square and the 37 could refer to its length of the prism. Only two numbers are needed to define its dimensions.  When the front of the container is open and you look at it front on, the far end seems to be smaller than the open front end.  This corresponds to the twins being both 17 and yet one appearing larger than the other. 
What are the characteristics of this 17 x 17 x 37 rectangular prism? It has a volume of 10693 cubic units and a surface area of 3094 square units. If the front end is open, then the surface area is 2805 square units. How Saturday fits in with this view of things I don't know. Saturday is the sixth day of the week if we count Monday as 1, Tuesday as 2 etc. A rectangular prism does indeed have six sides.

Saturday is Saturn's day and each planet has an associated magic square. The one for Saturn is shown in Figure 3. The numbers associated with Saturn are 3, 9, 15 and 45 because the magic square is 3 x 3, there are 9 squares, the numbers in each row, column and main diagonal add to 15 and the total of all nine numbers is 45.

Figure 3

I've written about magic squares before. Here are links to these posts:
Other sources quote Saturn as being associated with the number 8. See Figure 4.


Figure 4: source


I seem to be going off on a tangent here so I'll stop. It has occurred to me that 17 and 37 are both reversible primes since 71 and 73 are also prime. Currently, at age 72, I'm stuck between these two primes although in less than two weeks I'll be 73. 

Let's not forget that 71 and 73 are also twin primes which fits in very nicely with the twin element in the dream. Additionally, my 73rd solar return occurs on April 2nd 2022, a Saturday. The solar return marks the return of the Sun to the same zodiacal position (12°47'07" Aries) at the time of my birth. My birthday actually occurs on April 3rd.

The shipping container may just be a symbolic representation of life on the physical plane. I am reminded of Carl Jung's description of his Near Death Experience in his autobiography "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" :

In reality, a good three weeks were still to pass before I could truly make up my mind to live again. I could not eat because all food repelled me. The view of city and mountains from my sick-bed seemed to me like a painted curtain with black holes in it, or a tattered sheet of newspaper full of photographs that meant nothing. Disappointed, I thought, "Now I must return to the 'box system' again." For it seemed to me as if behind the horizon of the cosmos a three-dimensional world had been artificially built up, in which each person sat by himself in a little box. And now I should have to convince myself all over again that this was important! Life and the whole world struck me as a prison, and it bothered me beyond measure that I should again be finding all that quite in order. I had been so glad to shed it all, and now it had come about that I along with everyone else would again be hung up in a box by a thread.

He continued:

It is impossible to convey the beauty and intensity of emotion during those visions. They were the most tremendous things I have ever experienced. And what a contrast the day was: I was tormented and on edge; everything irritated me; everything was too material, too crude and clumsy, terribly limited both spatially and spiritually. It was all an imprisonment, for reasons impossible to divine, and yet it had a kind of hypnotic power, a cogency, as if it were reality itself, for all that I had clearly perceived its emptiness. Although my belief in the world returned to returned to me, I have never since entirely freed myself of the impression that this life is a segment of existence which is enacted in a three-dimensional boxlike universe especially set up for it.

So perhaps my dream primes 17 and 37 are meant to be interpreted as the twin primes 71 and 73 with Saturday April 2nd marking my astrological coming of age 73. I realise I'm straying too far into the metaphysical here and it would be better to continue this train of thought in my blog "Mystical Meanderings".

No comments:

Post a Comment